Aggressiveness“The most destructive element in the human mind is fear. Fear creates aggressiveness.”
“Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hate. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness.”
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling (1 Peter 4:8-9).”
“Profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully”
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”
“If you are reluctant to ask the way, you will be lost”
“If human beings are perceived as potentials rather than problems, as possessing strengths instead of weaknesses, as unlimited rather that dull and unresponsive, then they thrive and grow to their capabilities.”
“The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive.”
“Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously.”
Xenophobia (Fear or hatred of strangers)
Which of these attitudes and behaviours, if any, do you exhibit? Are there any others? Now get a sheet of paper and list them.
Here are some personal goals as examples. Get a piece of paper and rank your personal goals according to their priorities.
- More time with family
- More travel
- Better health and fitness
- More overall accomplishment
- More business adventures
- More personal influence
- More leisure time
- More money
- Better social standing
- Early retirement
- Getting out of debt
- Financial freedom
List and rank your personal strengths related to business. Some of these may apply:
- What sort of things do I get angry about?
- When did I last enjoy a hearty laugh?
- Am I ashamed to cry? Why?
- When frustrated or in a hurry, do I still communicate clearly?
- What situations do I find stressful?
- Am I generally optimistic or pessimistic?
- What triggers me to act with impatience?
- Do I have any nervous habits such as nail biting/freezing?
- In what circumstances do I feel secure or insecure? Why?
- When was the last time I had insomnia? What cause it?
1. Become aware of what your true desires are. 2. Get excited about and determined to obtain those desires. 3. Develop discipline in pursuing them step by step. 4. Upraise your enthusiasm and optimism about each of your achievements along the way. Show appreciation for any help you received. 5. See challenges as opportunities and be open to the possibilities they present. 6. Increase your confidence by becoming knowledgeable in your field. 7. Focus on becoming the successful person you’ve dreamed of becoming.
Make a list of what you need to do or do more of to spark yourself into action. Keep it in front of you.
Answer the following questions. Do any patterns emerge? If so, what do they reveal about who you really are, what you really want, and how you need to proceed to get it?
- If I had all my time and money challenges handled, what would I do? What hidden desires may I be ignoring? Who would I spend more time with? Where would I go? What would I buy?
- What is my next simple action step to move forward to achieve my goals/dreams?
- How happy am I really about what I am doing?
- How might I be holding myself back and why? What excuses might I be making?
- How can I give myself a sense of urgency to get moving? Do I realize that I am not going to live forever and that any procrastinating I may be doing is delaying my achievement of the better life I yearn for?
- What tapes/CDs/videos/DVDs can help me?
- What positive, uplifting, growth-encouraging books do I need to read to become a more positive producer?
- What helpful skills and attitudes do I already have? Which ones do I need to develop?
- What training sessions, seminars, conventions, opportunity meetings, product fairs, and other motivational, continuing education-type meetings and get-togethers do I need to attend?
- Am I always taking notes, asking questions, and exhibiting an open, teachable attitude? If not, what do I need to do to get started?
“Do you know who you are, and do you realize the potential that lives inside of you just waiting to be released? We are all special, individualized beings, capable of admirable accomplishment, and since we are born with the gifts of potential and desire, we need to discover and cultivate them. To know ourselves is to discover our desires and follow our dreams.”