Grow these three Attitudes. Make them your associates in everything you do.
1. Grow the attitude of I’m activated. To activate others, you must first activate yourself. To get them to be enthusiastic, you must first be enthusiastic yourself. Enthusiasm can make things 110 percent better.
Three steps procedure that will help you to develop the power of enthusiasm
- Dig into it deeper. Use this technique to develop enthusiasm toward other people. Find out all you can about another person. What he does his family, his background, his ideas and ambitions and you’ll find your interest in and enthusiasm about him mounting.
- In everything you do, life it up. Life up your handshaking. Make your hand clasp. Say I’m glad to know you, “I’m glad to see you again”, Life up your smile, Smile with your eyes. Nobody like artificial pasted-on rubbery smile. For when you smile, people don’t see your teeth; they see a warm, enthusiastic personality, someone they like. Life up your “thank you”, life up your talk, Is your ‘good morning!’ really good?. Are your ‘congratulation’ enthusiastic?. Does your ‘How are you?’ sound interested? People go along with the fellow who believes what he says. Say it with life.
- Broadcast good news. Good news does more than get attention; good news pleases people, develops enthusiasm and even promotes good digestion. Transmit good news to your family. Tell them the good hat happened today Recall the amusing pleasant things you experienced and let the unpleasant things stay buried. Transmit good news to the people you work with. Give them encouragement; compliment them at every opportunity, Listen to their problem. Be helpful. Let them know you believe they can succeed, that you have faith in them.
2. Grow the attitude of you are important. Each human being, whether he lives in Exclusive Villages or Slump Areas, whether he’s ignorant or brilliant, civilized or uncivilized, young or old, has this desire: He wants to feel important. Has a natural desire to feel he is somebody. – this is the strongest, most compelling non biological hunger.
How to make people important to you:
1. People do more for you when you make them feel important. The big thinker always adds value to people by visualizing them at their best, because he thinks big about people, he gets their best out of them.
2. When you help others feel important, you help yourself feel important too. You must feel important to succeed. Helping others to feel important rewards you because it makes you feel more important. Try it and see.
Here‘s how to do it:
1. Practice appreciation. Make it a rule to let others know you appreciate what they do for you. Never, never let anyone feel he is taken for granted. Practice appreciation with a warm, sincere smile. Letting others know how you depend on them, makes people feel necessary. Make no exceptions; all of hem must be important.
2. Practice calling people by their names. People like to be called by name. It gives everyone a boost to be addressed by name.
3. Don’t hug glory, invest it instead. Remember, praise is power. Invest the praise you receive from your superior. Pass praise on down to your subordinates, where it will encourage still greater performance.
Daily exercise that pays off surprisingly well: Ask yourself everyday, “What can I do today to make my wife and my family happy?” – Do something special for your family often. It doesn’t have to be something expensive. Its thoughtfulness that counts. Get the family or your team. Give them planed attention.
3. Want to make money? Then get the put-service first Attitude. Put service first, and money takes care of itself always. When your record shows that you deserve more money you’ll get more money. You can’t harvest money unless you plant the seeds that grow money. And the seed of money is service. Always give people more than they expect to get. Each little extra something you do for others is a money seed.